Saturday, 2 February 2013

Study Physical Therapy in the UK

If you are interested in studying Physical Therapy in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) you should first have a look at the official body on the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. It is founded in 1894, and it has grown to become the profession's largest membership organisation. Learn about their structure, partnerships and international activities in their website.

This is where they have a list with all the accredited courses in Physical Therapy, as well as a lot of useful information in the profession and the career steps you should take.

Then, you should look at the National Health System's website. You can find a lot of information on the profession and the career opportunities in there.

After you have found the program(s) you are interested in you should go to UCAS website in order to start the application process. It is a very well structured website that explains everything very clearly. They have a lot of experience in everything since they receive applications from all over the world and all is done electronically.

Depending on which country you are from, normally you will have to send them you high school diploma together with some other documents, motivational letter, CV, passport etc. It is a process that takes time and needs patience but if you will be proactive and do everything organized you won't face any problem.

There are many local organizations in your city that can help you in this process as well the local British Council.

I have been through this process and I believe I know many things about it. I did everything by myself without paying anybody to do it for me and I got accepted for interview in 2 Universities in summer 2012 (which is the ultimate goal of this process).

In case you need any help in that please contact me - I will be glad to help you and I am not going to ask you for any money or anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment