Sunday 3 February 2013

Changing faces with a smile - Operation Smile



Not directly related to Physical Therapy, but it certainly worths watching this video and realise how it feels when you can make someone smile through your personal work..!

Operation Smile provides free surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities for children around the globe.

An amazing little girl who had her cleft lip surgery.People ask me why I volunteer overseas so much.. It takes my eyes off me and allows me to remember what life is all about. When we use what we have been given (whatever that might be) to make a positive change for our world, that's when life make sense.... In a time when the world seems to be imploding with greed, there are certain things that will always remain invaluable..like the smile on this girls face when she realizes her life will be changed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment