Friday 26 July 2013

Can you define health?



Can you define health? OK, we all know the definition of health by the World Health Organization. And I totally agree with this definition. But I want something more. I want something that I can apply to my self in practical terms as well to people that I am trying to treat.

The last 4-5 years in my life I came across to an excellent definition of health by a medical doctor specializing in Homeopathy. Dr. George Vithoulkas (introduced to me by Dr. Spyros Kyvelos) gives an excellent definition for health, in my opinion. You should read his article here in order to completely understand his point of view.

I always keep in my mind the following major points:

Health is:

- freedom from pain at the somatic level
- freedom from lust at the emotional level
- freedom from selfishness at the mental level

And a great way to measure health is the degree of creativity of the individual.

As Dr. Vithoulkas says "these are rules that nobody can escape from, whether he likes it or not". And I feel blessed that I met this man and his point of view on medicine as a science.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete