Monday 15 April 2013

Physiology_1 - Understanding Life


 

I believe that in order for a student to deeply understand the structure and function of the human body he has to study and understand its Physiology. In my opinion, this course is the most important course in the beginning of physiotherapy education.

So, I have created a PowerPoint with the most important subjects I believe one should cover in his 1st semester in any Physiotherapy program. These include 6 major subjects:

1. Homeostasis
2. Chemical composition of the human body
3. Cellular structure and metabolism
4. Movement of molecules across cell membranes
5. Control of cells be chemical messengers
6. Neuronal signalling


I have based my work on the book "Vander's Human Physiology - The Mechanisms of Body Function", Widmaier, Raff, Strang, McGraw-Hill International Edition, 12th edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment