Wednesday 3 April 2013

Interactive biology



An amazing website full of videos explaining many of the issues a student needs to understand in anatomy and physiology.

I am copying this from their "about" page:

Ok, so here’s the real deal. We all know that there are MANY people out there who don’t like biology. Ok, ok, there are even many out there who HATE it with a Passion. I know . . . it’s hard to believe – such a fascinating topic with so much valuable information and people actually don’t like it. Can you fancy that?

Here’s the thing – I have a theory. My theory is that most people who don’t like it, don’t like it because of the way it was taught to them – A bunch of $100 words by a very intelligent teacher. Now, I’m not trying to bash on teachers because they (we) are important. However, sometimes, it is necessary to break down concepts into little bite-sized chunks.

That is what Interactive Biology is all about – Breaking down the concepts in biology so that if a Freshman in High School wants to understand Graduate-level Neurobiology, with enough discipline, she could do so.

Technology is AWESOME, and I enjoy using it to enhance my classes. The internet continues to amaze me. It’s such a useful tool that can help anyone who wants to learn about any subject. Well, if biology is the subject you want to learn about, this is the site for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment