Saturday 27 April 2013

Physical Therapy teaching


  

During my 1st year of studies, I had many questions into me about my choice to study Physical Therapy. Why Physical Therapy? Why not Medicine? What is the difference? Is Physical Therapy really useful? Does it really have an effect? Why am I educated this way? How should a proper Physical Therapy curriculum be built? What should be the subjects presented and the way they should be presented by the lecturers?

So, I decided to put all of these thoughts on a piece of paper and start a small research. The results of this research are presented in this presentation.

I am not suggesting something specific or something that is 100% correct. I just believe that there must be a continuous on how such educational programs should be built based on research and scientific knowledge.

This is what I tried to do and open the space for discussion. Because I really believe in the strength and quality of the University's curriculum, how this is presented by the lecturers and the effect this has on the Physical Therapy student.

No comments:

Post a Comment